Welcome to SPADD – Georgia’s Service Providers Association for Developmental Disabilities!
SPADD is an inclusive association of public and private providers of community-based service to individuals with disabilities. SPADD’s mission is to improve services to persons with developmental disabilities in Georgia. To accomplish this mission, SPADD focuses on educating the provider community on best practices in the field, advocacy, and education regarding public policy.
SPADD members believe in a common set of shared values:
- Professional Conduct
- Promotion of Choice
- Individual Value and Dignity
- Social Responsibility
Benefits of Membership
- News and Notes – the most comprehensive weekly communication piece available to providers covering topics of local, state and national importance in provision of DD services and supports
- Discounted pricing on an array of products and professional services including workers compensation, labor and health care attorneys, as well as products such as office supplies and vehicles.
- Reduced registration fee for annual conference
- Networking and professional support from colleagues around the state
- SPADD has a seat on the DD Advisory Council representing it’s membership
- SPADD has well respected and recognized Governmental Affairs Liaisons representing providers at the Capital
- SPADD has routinely scheduled meetings with the Director of the DD Division of DBHDD
SPADD’s 12th Annual Conference will be held April 27-28, 2015 at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain. This year’s keynote speaker will be Joe Macbeth and John Raffaele from the National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals.