Legislative & Capitol Update
Legislative and Regulatory Priorities 2018
SPADD’s 2018 legislative and regulatory agenda focuses on:
- A rate increase for Day Services, Supported Employment, and Support Coordination since these supports did not benefit from past rate increases,
- A Room & Board supplement to mitigate the high cost of housing for Georgians with I/DD,
- A plan to address workforce development and the critical shortage of qualified direct support professionals,
- The burden of multiplicative regulatory oversight of I/DD supports, and
- Georgia’s years-long waiting list for I/DD support funding.